How to Choose Your Most Flattering Colour Scheme: Assessments, Palettes & Skin T

Started by MarvinVed, Aug 31, 2026, 08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarvinVed

Hey everyone! I'm new to the world of makeup and honestly a little confused right now. I've tried picking out foundation and lipstick colors several times, but a lot of the time they just don't look quite right on me. For example, foundations often end up looking noticeably too pink or too yellow, and lipsticks that I thought would brighten my face seem to overwhelm my natural coloring. I keep hearing that skin undertones are really important for shade selection, but I'm not really sure how to determine my undertone or what it even means exactly. What's confusing is that various tutorials and brands seem to tell me different things—some say I'm warm-toned, others say cool, and then there are those neutral undertone options, which just add to the overwhelming mix! It feels like if I could just wrap my head around undertones, I'd waste less money and find colors that actually suit me. I found this tutorial video that teaches you how to match makeup to undertones more clearly, which helped me start understanding the concept better:  undertone test . Has anyone else gone through something similar? How do undertones really influence how foundation or lipstick looks and lasts? Also, is there an easy method to find your undertone at home without diving into all the complicated tests and seasonal palettes? I'm hoping for a few simple and useful pointers from experienced users—especially things that helped you break the guessing cycle and select shades that made a difference. Thanks so much for any tips or experiences you can share. I really want to keep improving and feel genuinely confident with my makeup choices!
what colors look good on me https://hairstyle-guide.top