Hey everyone! So I figured I'd give a try to the old gold vs. silver jewelry trick to identify my skin undertone at home. I grabbed a few pieces — a shiny gold chain and a matte silver bracelet — and held them up to my face in different kinds of light. In some spots, the gold seemed to give my skin a subtle glow, but then under natural light, the silver actually looked noticeably more harmonious against my skin. Honestly, it got a little hard to read because the finish on the metals (like shiny vs. matte) also seemed to affect how well they suited me.
I always thought this was a simple and reliable test, but now I'm wondering if it's genuinely consistent. I found a blog post discussing the advantages and drawbacks of these jewelry tests and it has some useful images too soft winter (https://hairstyle-guide.top) .
Has anyone else done this at home? Did you get clear answers with one metal over the other? Or do you use an alternative low-effort method to figure out your undertone without professional tools? It would be great to hear your input because right now, I'm genuinely puzzled about what actually works!