Hi people,
I'm a busy professional trying to decide the best way to start my color analysis experience. My main issue is whether to allocate time and money in an in-person consultation or just use online tools and apps. I have restricted time during the week and a fairly tight budget, so doing an in-person session means scheduling around work and possibly paying for a premium appointment. On the other hand, I'm pretty unconvinced about how accurate the online color analysis apps really are, especially since they rely on phone cameras and lighting that I can't control. I've tried a handful of free ones, but the results felt vague and sometimes contradictory.
I came across this forum thread deep winter color palette (https://my-color-season.top) summarizing different people's experiences with both in-person and online analysis. It was eye-opening to see real stories, but I'm still not sure if professionals actually make a big enough difference to merit the cost for someone like me.
Has anyone here made the leap from online tools to professional consultations? Did you find the in-person advice worth the extra time and spending? Or did you get similar results through apps and tutorials after some trial and error? I'm basically trying to evaluate my return on investment—not just financially, but also in terms of satisfaction and confidence in my color choices.
Any thoughts on whether professionals truly outperform compared to online resources? And if you went with online, were there any tools or methods you found particularly accurate? Thanks in beforehand for sharing your perspectives!